Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed June 6, 2012
Owensboro Man Arrested after Stand-off
An Owensboro man is charged with assault and wanton endangerment after authorities say he shot another man then held officers at bay for three hours.
Police Sergeant David Powell says 59-year-old Michael Carter of Owensboro shot 42-year-old Scotty Miller in the arm at Miller’s home early Monday. Powell says Miller was Carter’s daughter’s boyfriend. He says Carter surrendered without incident after the three hour Monday morning standoff.