Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed April 16, 2014
Owensboro Airport to Get Federal Grant
The Federal Aviation Administration has awarded the Owensboro-Daviess County Airport one million dollars to fund the completion of two major projects. The grant will cover 90 percent of the overall cost of relocating a beacon to improve visibility and to the final phase of terminal building improvements.
The state Department of Aviation and the county airport board will each pay 5 percent of the remaining cost. In announcing the grant, Governor Steve Beshear says the money will help the airport continue to provide vital connections and keep the Commonwealth economically competitive.