Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed April 16, 2014
Owensboro Airport to Get Federal Grant
The Federal Aviation Administration has awarded the Owensboro-Daviess County Airport one million dollars to fund the completion of two major projects. The grant will cover 90 percent of the overall cost of relocating a beacon to improve visibility and to the final phase of terminal building improvements.
The state Department of Aviation and the county airport board will each pay 5 percent of the remaining cost. In announcing the grant, Governor Steve Beshear says the money will help the airport continue to provide vital connections and keep the Commonwealth economically competitive.