Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu September 6, 2012
Organizers Prepare for 25th Annual Pow-Wow in Hopkinsville
The 25th annual intertribal pow-wow is this weekend at the Trail of Tears Commemorative Park in Hopkinsville. The park is located on a plot of land that served as a temporary home to Cherokee Indians for a short time in the 1830’s when they made their trek from their ancestral homes to Oklahoma.
The pow-wow began in 1987 features music, storytelling and native American dancing. Chad Lampe speaks with Pow-Wow chairman Roger Richey about this year’s events.
The Pow-Wow begins Friday, September 7th with a free concert. See more at trail of tear.org