Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu September 6, 2012
Organizers Prepare for 25th Annual Pow-Wow in Hopkinsville
The 25th annual intertribal pow-wow is this weekend at the Trail of Tears Commemorative Park in Hopkinsville. The park is located on a plot of land that served as a temporary home to Cherokee Indians for a short time in the 1830’s when they made their trek from their ancestral homes to Oklahoma.
The pow-wow began in 1987 features music, storytelling and native American dancing. Chad Lampe speaks with Pow-Wow chairman Roger Richey about this year’s events.
The Pow-Wow begins Friday, September 7th with a free concert. See more at trail of tear.org