Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu September 6, 2012
Organizers Prepare for 25th Annual Pow-Wow in Hopkinsville
The 25th annual intertribal pow-wow is this weekend at the Trail of Tears Commemorative Park in Hopkinsville. The park is located on a plot of land that served as a temporary home to Cherokee Indians for a short time in the 1830’s when they made their trek from their ancestral homes to Oklahoma.
The pow-wow began in 1987 features music, storytelling and native American dancing. Chad Lampe speaks with Pow-Wow chairman Roger Richey about this year’s events.
The Pow-Wow begins Friday, September 7th with a free concert. See more at trail of tear.org