Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed October 9, 2013
Open House Set At KY Department of Agriculture
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer is inviting the public to visit the state Department of Agriculture.
An open house is set for next Tuesday at Comer's office at Frankfort.
During the event, Comer and his executive directors will give a presentation on the department's operations and services.
The Agriculture Department is best known for running the Kentucky Proud farm marketing program.
Most of its duties are regulatory, involving price scanners, fuel pumps, motor fuel, and pesticides. Guests are asked to R-S-V-P by calling Comer's office at (502) 573-0450.