Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed October 9, 2013
Open House Set At KY Department of Agriculture
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer is inviting the public to visit the state Department of Agriculture.
An open house is set for next Tuesday at Comer's office at Frankfort.
During the event, Comer and his executive directors will give a presentation on the department's operations and services.
The Agriculture Department is best known for running the Kentucky Proud farm marketing program.
Most of its duties are regulatory, involving price scanners, fuel pumps, motor fuel, and pesticides. Guests are asked to R-S-V-P by calling Comer's office at (502) 573-0450.