Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed October 9, 2013
Open House Set At KY Department of Agriculture
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer is inviting the public to visit the state Department of Agriculture.
An open house is set for next Tuesday at Comer's office at Frankfort.
During the event, Comer and his executive directors will give a presentation on the department's operations and services.
The Agriculture Department is best known for running the Kentucky Proud farm marketing program.
Most of its duties are regulatory, involving price scanners, fuel pumps, motor fuel, and pesticides. Guests are asked to R-S-V-P by calling Comer's office at (502) 573-0450.