Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu January 23, 2014
Online Job Ads On The Rise in IL
The Illinois Department of Employment Security says online advertising for jobs in Illinois was up almost 10% in December.
The department said yesterday that 215,000 job openings were advertised in December. That's up by 19,000 from December 2012.
The department says 92% of the jobs advertised last month were full time. The five most-advertised jobs were for truck drivers, registered nurses, retail sales workers, retail supervisors and marketing managers.
Illinois has one of the nation's highest unemployment rates, at 8.7% in November. December unemployment data is scheduled to be released Friday.