Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 27, 2012
Ohio River Search Resumes
The search resumed this morning for a missing fisherman in the Ohio River along the bank of Kentucky’s Ballard County. County Emergency Management Director Anita Bugg tells WKMS that teams had halted their search at midnight. She says the fisherman’s empty Jon boat was found yesterday going in circles in the river between mile markers 971 and 973. The emergency management director says identity of the boat’s operator is known but is not being released. Searchers include the U.S. Coast Guard and Kentucky and Illinois law enforcement.