Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 22, 2012
Officials Encourage Safe Boating
Tennessee wildlife officials are urging boaters heading for the water this Memorial Day weekend to be safe, and to be safe with alcohol.
Authorities say seven people have died in boating incidents in Tennessee so far. They urge people to wear life jackets and to remember it's illegal to operate a boat under the influence of drugs or alcohol. During last year's Memorial Day weekend, officers issued thirteen citations for boating under the influence.