Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue May 22, 2012
Officials Encourage Safe Boating
Tennessee wildlife officials are urging boaters heading for the water this Memorial Day weekend to be safe, and to be safe with alcohol.
Authorities say seven people have died in boating incidents in Tennessee so far. They urge people to wear life jackets and to remember it's illegal to operate a boat under the influence of drugs or alcohol. During last year's Memorial Day weekend, officers issued thirteen citations for boating under the influence.