Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri April 26, 2013
Officials Celebrate New Responder Training Center
The Kentucky Fire Commission and the Kentucky National Guard are celebrating the opening of the new National Responder Preparedness Center.
An open house and ribbon-cutting ceremony is set to take place today at the facility in Greenville. It is located at the Kentucky National Guard's Wendell H. Ford Regional Training Center.
The center will benefit both the fire commission and the guard by allowing opportunities to train for different certifications, programs and initiatives. Future plans include the addition of an aircraft simulator, rail cars for hazardous materials-training and a burn tower.