Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri April 26, 2013
Officials Celebrate New Responder Training Center
The Kentucky Fire Commission and the Kentucky National Guard are celebrating the opening of the new National Responder Preparedness Center.
An open house and ribbon-cutting ceremony is set to take place today at the facility in Greenville. It is located at the Kentucky National Guard's Wendell H. Ford Regional Training Center.
The center will benefit both the fire commission and the guard by allowing opportunities to train for different certifications, programs and initiatives. Future plans include the addition of an aircraft simulator, rail cars for hazardous materials-training and a burn tower.