Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri April 26, 2013
Officials Celebrate New Responder Training Center
The Kentucky Fire Commission and the Kentucky National Guard are celebrating the opening of the new National Responder Preparedness Center.
An open house and ribbon-cutting ceremony is set to take place today at the facility in Greenville. It is located at the Kentucky National Guard's Wendell H. Ford Regional Training Center.
The center will benefit both the fire commission and the guard by allowing opportunities to train for different certifications, programs and initiatives. Future plans include the addition of an aircraft simulator, rail cars for hazardous materials-training and a burn tower.