Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 1, 2008
Obama Effigy Case
By Angela Hatton
Lexington, KY – Two Kentucky men who hung an effigy of President-elect Barack Obama on the University of Kentucky campus could have their case heard by a Fayette County grand jury. Defense attorney Fred Peters says 22-year-old Joe Fischer and 21-year-old Hunter Bush waived their right to preliminary hearing today. Peters says they opted instead to take their case directly to a grand jury in hopes that the charges will be dismissed. The two men were arrested after the effigy was found hanging from a tree over a walkway in late October.