Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 25, 2009
Nunn Waives Hearing
Lexington, KY – A prosecutor says a former state lawmaker charged with murder will waive a preliminary court hearing in Lexington today. Steve Nunn pleaded not guilty last week to murder and violation of a protective order in the Sept. 11 shooting death of former fiance Amanda Ross. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports an assistant with the Fayette County Attorney, says Nunn's attorney has indicated Nunn will pass on the preliminary hearing, meaning it will go straight to a grand jury. The hearing requires that prosecutors establish probable cause for the charges against a defendant. The defendant can waive the right to that hearing.