Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Fri September 25, 2009
Nunn Waives Hearing
Lexington, KY – A prosecutor says a former state lawmaker charged with murder will waive a preliminary court hearing in Lexington today. Steve Nunn pleaded not guilty last week to murder and violation of a protective order in the Sept. 11 shooting death of former fiance Amanda Ross. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports an assistant with the Fayette County Attorney, says Nunn's attorney has indicated Nunn will pass on the preliminary hearing, meaning it will go straight to a grand jury. The hearing requires that prosecutors establish probable cause for the charges against a defendant. The defendant can waive the right to that hearing.