Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 10, 2013
NTSB To Hold Hearing Bridge Collapse
The National Transportation Safety Board will hold a public hearing about the collapse of Eggner’s Ferry Bridge over the Tennessee River after a cargo ship struck it. The board is scheduled to meet on Tuesday morning of next week in Washington, D.C. to discuss the 2012 wreck near Aurora. Late The Delta Mariner caused a 322-foot section of the span to fall into the river.
Kentucky officials are seeking $7.1 million in damages from the company that operated the cargo ship. The ship's owner, Seattle-based Foss Maritime, is asking a federal judge to dismiss a total of $7.8 million in claims against it.