Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri May 10, 2013
NTSB To Hold Hearing Bridge Collapse
The National Transportation Safety Board will hold a public hearing about the collapse of Eggner’s Ferry Bridge over the Tennessee River after a cargo ship struck it. The board is scheduled to meet on Tuesday morning of next week in Washington, D.C. to discuss the 2012 wreck near Aurora. Late The Delta Mariner caused a 322-foot section of the span to fall into the river.
Kentucky officials are seeking $7.1 million in damages from the company that operated the cargo ship. The ship's owner, Seattle-based Foss Maritime, is asking a federal judge to dismiss a total of $7.8 million in claims against it.