Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Thu January 3, 2013
No Traffic Deaths in KY During New Year's Holiday
Kentucky made it through the New Year holiday without any highway fatalities. Kentucky State Police say seven people died in seven separate crashes between Dec. 26 through Jan. 1, but preliminary statistics show none of those occurred during the New Year’s holiday. That time period ran from 6 p.m. Dec. 28 through New Year’s Day.
Six people died in traffic crashes in Kentucky during that period a year ago. Preliminary counts show fatalities for all of 2012 was up from 2011. Through Monday, the number of deaths was 737, up 17 from the previous year.