Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu January 3, 2013
No Traffic Deaths in KY During New Year's Holiday
Kentucky made it through the New Year holiday without any highway fatalities. Kentucky State Police say seven people died in seven separate crashes between Dec. 26 through Jan. 1, but preliminary statistics show none of those occurred during the New Year’s holiday. That time period ran from 6 p.m. Dec. 28 through New Year’s Day.
Six people died in traffic crashes in Kentucky during that period a year ago. Preliminary counts show fatalities for all of 2012 was up from 2011. Through Monday, the number of deaths was 737, up 17 from the previous year.