Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu January 3, 2013
No Traffic Deaths in KY During New Year's Holiday
Kentucky made it through the New Year holiday without any highway fatalities. Kentucky State Police say seven people died in seven separate crashes between Dec. 26 through Jan. 1, but preliminary statistics show none of those occurred during the New Year’s holiday. That time period ran from 6 p.m. Dec. 28 through New Year’s Day.
Six people died in traffic crashes in Kentucky during that period a year ago. Preliminary counts show fatalities for all of 2012 was up from 2011. Through Monday, the number of deaths was 737, up 17 from the previous year.