Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Mon December 31, 2012
No Midnight Toast for Murray
Murray city officials say they won't extend the time for serving or consuming alcohol past midnight for tonight's New Year’s Eve celebrations. The last time that was allowed was New Year's Eve in 2008 when a now-closed restaurant asked for a brief extension.
Murray's alcoholic beverage control administrator Sergeant Kendra Clere says officers will be monitoring restaurants, but she doesn’t anticipate any problems.