Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon December 31, 2012
No Midnight Toast for Murray
Murray city officials say they won't extend the time for serving or consuming alcohol past midnight for tonight's New Year’s Eve celebrations. The last time that was allowed was New Year's Eve in 2008 when a now-closed restaurant asked for a brief extension.
Murray's alcoholic beverage control administrator Sergeant Kendra Clere says officers will be monitoring restaurants, but she doesn’t anticipate any problems.