Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 22, 2008
"No Gunfire" at WKU
By Carrie Pond
Bowling Green, KY – A Western Kentucky University official says the all clear has been sounded after reports of gunfire put the campus on lockdown. University spokeswoman Robbin Taylor says "no gunfire" has been confirmed. WKU earlier had warned students in text messages about reports of shots and armed men on campus. Taylor says four people have been taken into custody by campus police for questioning but no charges have been filed. University officials say police did confirm there was some type of fight in or near the Pearce-Ford Tower residence hall.