Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri November 30, 2012
No Commercial Trucks Allowed on KY Ferry
Commercial trucks are not being allowed on a ferry that is the only route between Kentucky and Missouri. The detour is about 80 miles for trucks traveling between the two states. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the Dorena-Hickman Ferry restriction is because of the low water level of the Mississippi River.
The ferry will continue to allow passenger vehicles and small utility trucks. The cabinet says the water level at Cairo, Ill., was 8 feet Thursday morning, and the ferry won't accept the larger vehicles until it reaches about 13 feet.