Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 24, 2013
World Cafe Next: Houndstooth
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 2:14 pm
An indie-rock quintet based in Portland, Ore., Houndstooth features singer Katie Bernstein and guitarist John Gnorski — both of whom are originally from Austin, Texas. The band's sound reflects both hometowns, with Gnorski's loping guitar riffs hinting at bluesy Southern influences.
The band recorded a few singles last year, and Ride Out the Dark, due out July 16, is its first full-length album. On this installment of World Cafe: Next, hear Bernstein's enthralling low-affect vocals as they're set against Gnorski's laid-back guitar in two songs from the new album.