Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon June 24, 2013
World Cafe Next: Houndstooth
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 2:14 pm
An indie-rock quintet based in Portland, Ore., Houndstooth features singer Katie Bernstein and guitarist John Gnorski — both of whom are originally from Austin, Texas. The band's sound reflects both hometowns, with Gnorski's loping guitar riffs hinting at bluesy Southern influences.
The band recorded a few singles last year, and Ride Out the Dark, due out July 16, is its first full-length album. On this installment of World Cafe: Next, hear Bernstein's enthralling low-affect vocals as they're set against Gnorski's laid-back guitar in two songs from the new album.