Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue September 8, 2009
Newberry Suggests Highway Improvements
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry is pushing for highway improvements to handle an increase in traffic when the new consolidated high school opens in 2012. He suggests extending the four-lane section of US-62 to the Information Age Park, widening the road to three lanes through the park, connecting with the new US-60, and widening the old US-60. Newberry tells the Paducah Sun the improvements would allow safe and easy access to Interstate 24. He says planning should begin by next year, so construction can start in early 2011.