Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue September 8, 2009
Newberry Suggests Highway Improvements
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry is pushing for highway improvements to handle an increase in traffic when the new consolidated high school opens in 2012. He suggests extending the four-lane section of US-62 to the Information Age Park, widening the road to three lanes through the park, connecting with the new US-60, and widening the old US-60. Newberry tells the Paducah Sun the improvements would allow safe and easy access to Interstate 24. He says planning should begin by next year, so construction can start in early 2011.