Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue September 8, 2009
Newberry Suggests Highway Improvements
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry is pushing for highway improvements to handle an increase in traffic when the new consolidated high school opens in 2012. He suggests extending the four-lane section of US-62 to the Information Age Park, widening the road to three lanes through the park, connecting with the new US-60, and widening the old US-60. Newberry tells the Paducah Sun the improvements would allow safe and easy access to Interstate 24. He says planning should begin by next year, so construction can start in early 2011.