Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue September 8, 2009
Newberry Suggests Highway Improvements
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry is pushing for highway improvements to handle an increase in traffic when the new consolidated high school opens in 2012. He suggests extending the four-lane section of US-62 to the Information Age Park, widening the road to three lanes through the park, connecting with the new US-60, and widening the old US-60. Newberry tells the Paducah Sun the improvements would allow safe and easy access to Interstate 24. He says planning should begin by next year, so construction can start in early 2011.