Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu May 16, 2013
Newberry Faces Zoning Allegations
McCracken County Judge Executive Van Newberry is under fire for allegedly altering zoning maps without going through the proper legal channels.
Deputy Judge Executive Doug Harnice said the map changes, which occurred sometime between 2007 and 2008, are the result of minor computer errors, but Paducah attorney Burton Washburn says he thinks differently.
From private research he presented to the fiscal court Monday, Washburn claims more than 500 zoning changes were made, including a down-zoning to some of his own property.
County Sheriff Jon Hayden, along with Commonwealth Attorney Dan Boaz and County Attorney Mike Murphy, filed a complaint with the Kentucky Attorney General’s office late last week. Officials there, including State Auditor Adam Edelen, say they are looking into the matter.
2013 KY General Assembly