Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed June 6, 2012
New State Penitentiary Warden Tapped
An Iraq war veteran with 16 years of experience with the Kentucky Department of Corrections has been tapped as the new warden at Eddyville’s Kentucky State Penitentiary.
Green River Correctional Complex warden Randy White takes over from Phil Parker, who retired June 1st from his second stint at the maximum security facility. Parker initially retired in August 2002 after nine years as warden, but returned to the job in 2009. Randy White first joined the Department of Corrections in 1996 and worked his way up to warden at Green River in 2009.