Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue November 26, 2013
New Initiative Intended To Improve Foster Care
State agencies, universities and nonprofit groups are teaming up with an initiative intended to improve the behavioral health of foster children in Kentucky.
Project SafeSpace would identify and treat children who have experienced trauma.
Governor Steve Beshear said the emotional turmoil of being placed in foster care after being abused or neglected by parents can be life-shattering.
He said treatment available through the new program will give children hope for healing and becoming productive citizens.
The University of Louisville Kent School of Social Work will lead the project that will involve about 10 other partners, three agencies within the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and four nonprofit groups.