Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon December 15, 2008
New Industry Comes to Clarksville
By Carrie Pond
Clarksville, TN – A Monday announcement at Austin Peay State University revealed what many in Clarksville, TN have been speculating for months- new industry is coming to town. Michigan-based Hemlock Semiconductor group (HSC) announced it will expand its operations to Clarksville, making an initial investment of 1 point 2 billion dollars. The corporation will build its new production facility at the Commerce Park megasite. The expansion is projected to bring between 500 and 800 jobs to the area. Site preparation will begin this spring, with the first on-site production planned as early as 2012. HSC manufactures polycrystalline silicon, which is used in the manufacture of solar cells and semiconductor devices.