Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed August 15, 2012
New History App Offers Details About Kentucky's Past
The Kentucky Historical Society is releasing a smartphone app so users can find out more about the Commonwealth's historic sites. The Explore Kentucky History app connects historical markers, related items in the Historical Society's collections and user-submitted images and stories to points of interest on a map. The information is then grouped together into tours, with a Civil War-themed tour the first available. The KHS says it hopes Kentuckians and local history groups will participate, submitting images and stories. The app is available for free. The information is also accessible online at http://explorekyhistory.ky.gov.