Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon February 4, 2013
New Free Medical Clinic to Open in Benton
A new free clinic is being prepared to open in Benton by the end of the month. Marshall County Free Clinic will see patients on Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Stilley Professional Building. To qualify for free medical care, patients must work at least 15 hours a week, have an income within 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines and not qualify for government assistance or insurance.
Clinic official Kristen David says there is a great need for the clinic because many people work only part time in today's economy and don't have enough money to pay for health care.