Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon February 4, 2013
New Free Medical Clinic to Open in Benton
A new free clinic is being prepared to open in Benton by the end of the month. Marshall County Free Clinic will see patients on Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Stilley Professional Building. To qualify for free medical care, patients must work at least 15 hours a week, have an income within 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines and not qualify for government assistance or insurance.
Clinic official Kristen David says there is a great need for the clinic because many people work only part time in today's economy and don't have enough money to pay for health care.