Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon February 4, 2013
New Free Medical Clinic to Open in Benton
A new free clinic is being prepared to open in Benton by the end of the month. Marshall County Free Clinic will see patients on Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Stilley Professional Building. To qualify for free medical care, patients must work at least 15 hours a week, have an income within 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines and not qualify for government assistance or insurance.
Clinic official Kristen David says there is a great need for the clinic because many people work only part time in today's economy and don't have enough money to pay for health care.