Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri August 23, 2013
New Cookbook Simplifies Indian Cooking
Raghavan Iyer arrived in the United States in 1982 with a tin of Curry Powder and a bottle of red pepper flakes. These spices helped the day-to-day cooking in the dorm kitchen of his college to remind him of home. Experimenting with what he could find in a mainstream grocery store, Iyer learned to create the complexity of the Indian flavors he craved. And he grew a respected career in teaching others how to cook this way. Workman Publishing, New York, has published Chef Iyer's Indian Cooking Unfolded, A Master Class in Indian Cooking with 100 Easy Recipes Using 10 Ingredients or Less. Kate Lochte has more with Chef Raghavan Iyer.