Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri August 23, 2013
New Cookbook Simplifies Indian Cooking
Raghavan Iyer arrived in the United States in 1982 with a tin of Curry Powder and a bottle of red pepper flakes. These spices helped the day-to-day cooking in the dorm kitchen of his college to remind him of home. Experimenting with what he could find in a mainstream grocery store, Iyer learned to create the complexity of the Indian flavors he craved. And he grew a respected career in teaching others how to cook this way. Workman Publishing, New York, has published Chef Iyer's Indian Cooking Unfolded, A Master Class in Indian Cooking with 100 Easy Recipes Using 10 Ingredients or Less. Kate Lochte has more with Chef Raghavan Iyer.