Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 21, 2014
New Commander Takes Over Kentucky National Guard's Wendell H. Ford Regional Training Center
Col. Steven T. King is taking over command of the Wendell H Regional Training Center in Muhlenberg Sunday.
King will replace current commander Col. Charles M. Schneider, who's held the post since February 2012. Both men are Afghan war veterans.
Wendell H. Ford Regional Training Center is located just outside of Greenville, Ky off the Western Kentucky Parkway.
Constructed on 8,500 acres of reclaimed strip-mine land, the training center has complete year-round accommodations, to include barracks and quarters for nearly 500 troops, a 400-seat dining hall, a drill hall, and modern learning center for computer simulator training. The site also features live-fire ranges, hardened bivouac sites, a controlled humidity storage complex, complete maintenance facilities for military equipment, engagement skills training center, obstacle course and a 4,200 ft. grass runway.
The change of command ceremony takes place at 1 pm Sunday.