Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Fri December 28, 2012
New Center Combines Education, Workforce Data
A newly created data center will link education and workforce data in Kentucky to try to improve training for students at all levels. Gov. Steve Beshear issued an executive order earlier this month creating the Kentucky Center for Education and Workforce Statistics. He says data from individual agencies only gives one part of the picture and that policymakers, parents, students and educators will all benefit from the combined information.
Data from the center will be able to link high school preparation to college performance, teachers to students and to the colleges they attended, graduates and dropouts to employment, and early childhood to kindergarten and grade school. Charles McGrew will be the center's executive director.