Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu June 13, 2013
New App Provides Access To KY Education Information
Android phone and tablet users can access a new app that compiles content from the Kentucky Department of Education. The free KDE News app is meant to enhance communications on education-related matters across the state. The app is available through the Google Play Store. The app is designed to provide users with immediate access to information on the Education Department's website. It includes Kentucky Teacher Magazine, messages to superintendents and teachers, headlines, videos and Education Commissioner Terry Holliday's blog.
The app is the latest in a line of technology products from the Education Department to help the agency share information. iPhone, iPad and iPod as well as Windows Phone versions were previously released and are also available.