Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu June 13, 2013
New App Provides Access To KY Education Information
Android phone and tablet users can access a new app that compiles content from the Kentucky Department of Education. The free KDE News app is meant to enhance communications on education-related matters across the state. The app is available through the Google Play Store. The app is designed to provide users with immediate access to information on the Education Department's website. It includes Kentucky Teacher Magazine, messages to superintendents and teachers, headlines, videos and Education Commissioner Terry Holliday's blog.
The app is the latest in a line of technology products from the Education Department to help the agency share information. iPhone, iPad and iPod as well as Windows Phone versions were previously released and are also available.