Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri December 19, 2008
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – Jason Neelley, the Lone Oak High School teacher charged Monday with sexual abuse of a 17-year-old female student, has been fired on grounds of insubordination and conduct unbecoming of a teacher. The Paducah Sun reports, McCracken County Sheriff John Hayden seized documents Tuesday that include sign-out sheets showing both Neelley and the student absent from the school during the same hours. According to the charges, Neelley had inappropriate contact with the student during school hours but off school property. School board attorney Gorman Bradley says Neelley has 10 days to challenge the termination. (Paducah Sun)