Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu June 27, 2013
NBA Draft Has Eyes On Murray State's Isaiah Canaan
Racer basketball standout Isaiah Canaan is set to become the first NBA draft pick from Murray State since 1996. The NBA holds its annual draft tonight. MSU Athletic's Assistant Director of Media Relations Dave Winder said Canaan is considered by many to be a shoe-in for the NBA.
“Canaan’s been crisscrossing the nation since his season ended at Murray State, but then, we’re also keeping an eye on Ed Daniel, too, because I don’t think he’s completely out of the mix for possibly being a second round pick tonight," said Winder.
Winder said first round picks are guaranteed money but not second round picks. Canaan will be the 21st Murray State player to be drafted by the NBA and the only first round pick if his name gets called.
Winder suspects Canaan could be picked as early as 19th for the Cleveland Cavaliers or as late as 30th for the Phoenix Suns.
Winder said Racer fans can watch the broadcast of the draft Thursday night at 6pm on ESPN.
More information on Canaan's Murray State career and draft prospects can be found at MSU Athletic's site.