Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Tue November 19, 2013
National Weather Service Publishes Damage Survey of Brookport Tornado
Sunday’s Tornado that struck Brookport, Illinois contained peak winds of 145-mph and stayed on the ground for 11.5 miles. The national weather service published the damage survey of the EF-3 tornado late Monday afternoon.
The storm killed three people, injured more than 13 and destroyed dozens of mobile homes. The tornado struck at 2:20 p.m. and averaged 250 yards wide. The NWS reports the damage assessment could change as a team continues to follow the storm track into Kentucky.
Another EF-3 three tornado struck Union and Henderson Counties in Kentucky at 2:40 p.m. causing significantly less damage than the Brookport tornado.