Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 25, 2010
Mushroom Dealers Take Plea Deals
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The two women who sold the mushrooms McCracken County teen Caleb Barnett was on when he was fatally shot by a homeowner pleaded guilty in Circuit Court Friday. Kelsey Burchett and Shaina Skinner took a plea deal to trafficking charges. Burchett will serve 3 years in prison, while Skinner will see two and a half. The Paducah Sun reports Caleb Barnett was apparently hallucinating when he broke into a neighbor's home last summer and was shot.