Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 25, 2010
Mushroom Dealers Take Plea Deals
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The two women who sold the mushrooms McCracken County teen Caleb Barnett was on when he was fatally shot by a homeowner pleaded guilty in Circuit Court Friday. Kelsey Burchett and Shaina Skinner took a plea deal to trafficking charges. Burchett will serve 3 years in prison, while Skinner will see two and a half. The Paducah Sun reports Caleb Barnett was apparently hallucinating when he broke into a neighbor's home last summer and was shot.