Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri August 31, 2012
Murray's Playhouse in the Park presents "Big River"
Based on the novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the musical “Big River” follows the story of Huck after he leaves his home in Missouri and takes on the Mississippi River in flatboat with a new companion- an escaped slave name Jim. “Big River” shows at Murray’s Playhouse in the Park weekends through September 16th. Rose Krzton-Presson sat down with director Lisa Cope and Michael Martin-who plays the character of Jim to talk about the play’s themes of race, freedom, and morals.
"Big River" will run every weekend through September 16th. For tickets, call 270-759-1752.
- Fridays - 7:00pm
- Saturdays - 7:00pm
- Sudnays - 2:30pm