Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed July 18, 2012
Murray Wet Votes To Be Certified Friday
Votes for Murray's wet dry election could certified as early as Friday. The city voted to allow package alcohol sales this week, in a local option election.
Mayor Bill Wells says after the votes are certified the city will have 60 days to implement the ordinance. "And in that time frame we’re supposed to have two readings of an ordinance that would help set up what we’re going to do on ordinances pertaining to packaged liquor sales in Murray,” said Wells
"City officials have a good head start," Wells says, because they’ve been working with officials from Danville,KY which went wet about 18 months ago. He says Danville is similar in size and makeup to Murray, which has helped them determine what to expect over the next few months.
Wet Dry Vote