Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri November 22, 2013
Murray State's Brian Van Horn Named President of ACHE
Murray State University’s Dr. Brian Van Horn is the newest President of the Association for Continuing Higher Education. The group elected him at its annual conference earlier this month in Lexington. Van Horn currently serves as the dean of MSU’s Center for Continuing Education and Academic Outreach.
The ACHE is a professional organization that focuses on continuing higher education activities for adult students. Dr. Van Horn said it’s imperative to serve the traditional student but also to adapt to the unique needs of the non-traditional learners as well.