Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri November 22, 2013
Murray State's Brian Van Horn Named President of ACHE
Murray State University’s Dr. Brian Van Horn is the newest President of the Association for Continuing Higher Education. The group elected him at its annual conference earlier this month in Lexington. Van Horn currently serves as the dean of MSU’s Center for Continuing Education and Academic Outreach.
The ACHE is a professional organization that focuses on continuing higher education activities for adult students. Dr. Van Horn said it’s imperative to serve the traditional student but also to adapt to the unique needs of the non-traditional learners as well.