Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 22, 2013
Murray State's Brian Van Horn Named President of ACHE
Murray State University’s Dr. Brian Van Horn is the newest President of the Association for Continuing Higher Education. The group elected him at its annual conference earlier this month in Lexington. Van Horn currently serves as the dean of MSU’s Center for Continuing Education and Academic Outreach.
The ACHE is a professional organization that focuses on continuing higher education activities for adult students. Dr. Van Horn said it’s imperative to serve the traditional student but also to adapt to the unique needs of the non-traditional learners as well.