Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon September 9, 2013
Murray State Will Name Building For Businessman
Murray State University will name a new building on its Paducah Regional Campus after Harry Lee Crisp, the late founder of a regional bottling company. Crisp’s family and company recently gave $1.3 million dollars to support the university and the Paducah campus.
On Friday the board of regents approved naming the facility the Crisp Center. In the 1930s he founded Marion (Ill.) Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co., which grew into Pepsi MidAmerica, one of the largest independent Pepsi bottlers in the country. The university says Crisp's son, Harry Crisp the second, retired from the MSU Foundation board of trustees after 22 years in April. His son, Lee Crisp, now president of Pepsi MidAmerica, joined that board the same month.