Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon June 24, 2013
Murray State Creates Endowed Professorship
Murray State University is creating endowed professorships thanks to contributions from one of its most generous donors. The school says Dr. Jesse D. Jones donated $500,000 at the end of 2012 to establish the endowed professorship that carries his name, and another $500,000 will follow. When fully endowed, four professorships will be funded.
The University has named the first recipients of the four-year professorships. They are faculty members K. Renee Fister, Michael C. Kemp and Kit W. Wesler. They are all from the College of Science, Engineering and Technology, which is named for Jones. Jones is a native of Marshall County and is a 1963 chemistry and math graduate from Murray State. He is the largest donor to the school's College of Science, Engineering and Technology.