Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon June 24, 2013
Murray State Creates Endowed Professorship
Murray State University is creating endowed professorships thanks to contributions from one of its most generous donors. The school says Dr. Jesse D. Jones donated $500,000 at the end of 2012 to establish the endowed professorship that carries his name, and another $500,000 will follow. When fully endowed, four professorships will be funded.
The University has named the first recipients of the four-year professorships. They are faculty members K. Renee Fister, Michael C. Kemp and Kit W. Wesler. They are all from the College of Science, Engineering and Technology, which is named for Jones. Jones is a native of Marshall County and is a 1963 chemistry and math graduate from Murray State. He is the largest donor to the school's College of Science, Engineering and Technology.