Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 9, 2012
Murray State Alumnus "Stumpy" Rayburn Passes Away
Murray State athletics legend J.D. “Stumpy” Rayburn died yesterday at the age of 100. Rayburn was a member of the 1933 Murray State football team called the “Wonder Team,” which is the only team in school history to go undefeated and untied. Rayburn was inducted into the Ohio Valley Conference Hall of Fame in 1979, and regularly attended MSU football and basketball games. Visitation is tonight from 5 to 8 at JH Churchill Funeral Home in Murray.