Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri November 9, 2012
Murray State Alumnus "Stumpy" Rayburn Passes Away
Murray State athletics legend J.D. “Stumpy” Rayburn died yesterday at the age of 100. Rayburn was a member of the 1933 Murray State football team called the “Wonder Team,” which is the only team in school history to go undefeated and untied. Rayburn was inducted into the Ohio Valley Conference Hall of Fame in 1979, and regularly attended MSU football and basketball games. Visitation is tonight from 5 to 8 at JH Churchill Funeral Home in Murray.