Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon December 3, 2012
Murray Small Engine Plant Celebrates 70 Million Engines
The Briggs & Stratton plant in Murray has produced 70 million small engines since it opened in 1985; an average of nearly 2.6 million engines a year. At a press conference today Engine Products Group President Joseph Wright said the demand for quality engines allows them to keep that production domestic.
“We have to stay a step ahead of our competition. A lot of what you see coming from low cost countries are copies of other engines. And what we do is we focus in, as I mentioned earlier, is making sure we have the right product for the right application,” said Wright.
The Murray facility employs about 1,100 people, and is one of four small engine plants in the U.S.