Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon December 3, 2012
Murray Small Engine Plant Celebrates 70 Million Engines
The Briggs & Stratton plant in Murray has produced 70 million small engines since it opened in 1985; an average of nearly 2.6 million engines a year. At a press conference today Engine Products Group President Joseph Wright said the demand for quality engines allows them to keep that production domestic.
“We have to stay a step ahead of our competition. A lot of what you see coming from low cost countries are copies of other engines. And what we do is we focus in, as I mentioned earlier, is making sure we have the right product for the right application,” said Wright.
The Murray facility employs about 1,100 people, and is one of four small engine plants in the U.S.