Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed July 3, 2013
Murray Receives Airport Grant
Murray’s Kyle-Oakley Field Airport has been awarded a $128,000 Federal Aviation Administration grant for updating the airport’s master plan. Matching grants from within the state bring the total money for the project to more than $140,000. Kyle-Oakley Field Airport Manager Johnny Parker says the master plan is a road map for development of the airport, required by the FAA every five to 10 years. Airport officials will have to be contracted with an engineering firm for the planning work.