Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed July 3, 2013
Murray Receives Airport Grant
Murray’s Kyle-Oakley Field Airport has been awarded a $128,000 Federal Aviation Administration grant for updating the airport’s master plan. Matching grants from within the state bring the total money for the project to more than $140,000. Kyle-Oakley Field Airport Manager Johnny Parker says the master plan is a road map for development of the airport, required by the FAA every five to 10 years. Airport officials will have to be contracted with an engineering firm for the planning work.