Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed September 18, 2013
Murray Police Investigate Overnight Shooting and Armed Robbery
The Murray Police Department is investigating an overnight armed robbery and shooting on Main Street.
Officers responded to a call at 3:49 AM and found Tonya Cavitt (age 43 of Murray), Kelsey Cavitt (age 22 of Murray), Keith Jenifer (age 31 of Murray), as well as three juveniles at the residence. The victims reported three black males kicked in the home's front door and demanded money. Witnesses said during the altercation, one of the suspects shot Keith Jenifer in the leg and left the scene with an undisclosed quantity of cash. Jenifer was transported to Murray Calloway County Hospital for treatment.
With the close proximity of the residence to campus, the Murray State Police Department issued a notification to students and faculty regarding the incident. MSU Police said the residents were not affiliated with the University.