Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu March 25, 2010
Murray payroll tax survey
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – A payroll tax survey is circulating among businesses in Murray and Calloway County. Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Lance Allison sent out emails this week to 850 employees of chamber members to get feedback about a payroll tax. The questionnaire asks members about their business, current hiring practices and other operation-related information. City council members are discussing a pay roll tax among the options for filling a one million dollar budget shortfall.