Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 25, 2010
Murray payroll tax survey
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – A payroll tax survey is circulating among businesses in Murray and Calloway County. Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Lance Allison sent out emails this week to 850 employees of chamber members to get feedback about a payroll tax. The questionnaire asks members about their business, current hiring practices and other operation-related information. City council members are discussing a pay roll tax among the options for filling a one million dollar budget shortfall.