Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed October 14, 2009
Murray Man Died of Blunt Force Trauma
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Yesterday's autopsy of a Murray man found dead Monday near New Concord finds he died of blunt force trauma. Family members reported 38-year-old Carl Douglas McGowan missing Sunday. A preliminary autopsy report did not state the extent of injuries. An official report is expected within two weeks. 28-year-old Michael Lynch of Murray has been charged with 1st Degree Assault, while 29-year-old Timothy Adams, 18-year-old Tiffany Adams, and 19-year-old Jessica Johnson, all of Murray, have been charged with complicity in the assault. The investigation continues and additional charges are expected in the case.