Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri June 22, 2012
Is Murray the Friendliest Small Town in America?
Murray, Kentucky is up against five other small towns for the title of the Friendliest Small Town in America. It’s part of the Rand McNally/USA Today Best of the Road contest. This week, a two-person team representing Rand McNally spent four days in Murray touring the town and surrounding area by air, land and water.
The Best of the Road towns will be announced at the Destination Marketing Association International Annual Convention in Seattle, Washingtonthis July. A Travel Channel special about the competition airs July 25th.