Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 30, 2008
Murray Fairground Association Plans $200,000 Expansion
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – The Murray-Calloway County Fairgrounds will undergo a 200 thousand dollar expansion in the near future. The Murray Ledger and Times reports the county fair association plans to renovate old and unstable buildings into a multi-purpose facility to house attractions such as 4-H and Future Farmers of America events. The additions will include an animal pen, a storage facility, an exhibit area and a kitchen area. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture presented the association with a 100 hundred thousand dollar check for the project Wednesday afternoon, a sum which will be matched by the fair board.