Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu October 30, 2008
Murray Fairground Association Plans $200,000 Expansion
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – The Murray-Calloway County Fairgrounds will undergo a 200 thousand dollar expansion in the near future. The Murray Ledger and Times reports the county fair association plans to renovate old and unstable buildings into a multi-purpose facility to house attractions such as 4-H and Future Farmers of America events. The additions will include an animal pen, a storage facility, an exhibit area and a kitchen area. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture presented the association with a 100 hundred thousand dollar check for the project Wednesday afternoon, a sum which will be matched by the fair board.