Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Sun July 22, 2012
Murray ABC Coordinator Outlines the Lengthy Process of Going “Wet”
This past week voters in Murray and Marshall County voted on alcohol sales in their respective communities. Marshall County residents answered “no,” but voters in Murray said “Yes.” Murray, currently allows liquor by the drink sales in restaurants. Those restaurants must garner 70% of their revenue from non-alcoholic products. Voters chose to expand alcohol sales to include package stores, but now, old ordinances must be reviewed and new one's drafted before licenses can be issued and stores opened. Shelly Baskin spoke with Murray’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Coordinator Harla McClure on Friday, to find out how long residents will have to wait to buy alcohol in the city.
Wet Dry Vote