Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 23, 2013
Multiple Deaths In Weekend Flooding
Five people have been killed in flooding caused by a strong storm system that swept through most of Kentucky over the weekend, authorities said Sunday.
In Ballard County, a body was discovered around 2 p.m. near a car that had been abandoned in a flooded ditch state Emergency Management spokesman Buddy Rogers told The Associated Press.
Three people were pulled from Rolling Fork River in central Kentucky yesterday morning after their vehicle was swept away in flood waters.
Two people managed to escape and authorities were investigating how the vehicle ended up in the river, he said. In Carroll County, Rogers said a person drowned after a four-wheeler attempting to cross a flooded waterway overturned, trapping the victim. That body was also retrieved Sunday morning.
None of the victims has been identified.