Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu February 21, 2013
MSU Violin Professor Performs 54-Minute Elgar Concerto
Dr. Sue-Jean Park of the Murray State University Department of Music faculty, concert master of the Paducah and Jackson Symphony Orchestras, performs a 54 minute violin concerto twice in the next two weeks. Dr. Park learned the strenuous composition from Yale faculty member and famed American violinist Eric Friedman, who in turn had been taught the piece by the legendary Jascha Heifetz. We hear the violinist's remarkable story with Kate Lochte.
Hear Dr. Sue-Jean Park perform Edward Elgar's Violin Concerto in B Minor this Saturday at 7:30 p.m. in Performing Arts Hall, located on the second floor of the Doyle Fine Arts Building on campus. It is the only piece on the program because of its length. Dr. Meeyoun Park, visiting professor of piano at Murray State, is the accompanist. Sue-Jean Park debuts as soloist playing the Elgar concerto with the Germantown Symphony Orchestra on March 2 in Memphis.