Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu April 24, 2014
MSU Symphony Orchestra & Symphonic Band Perform Final Concert Tonight
The Murray State University Symphony Orchestra and Symphonic Band present their final concert of the Spring semester tonight (April 24) in Lovett Auditorium. The program includes works by Wagner, Dvorak, Vaughan Williams, Clifton Williams, Fred J. Allen, and Todd Stalter. MSU Band Director John Fannin visits Sounds Good with a preview of the performance.
"When we're teaching our students about different things in music, if you think about being well-read...well, the literature tomorrow night is literature that we want our music majors to know form a professional standpoint."
The performance begins at 7:30 in Lovett Auditorium. Admission is free and the public is invited to attend.