Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri May 10, 2013
MSU Regents Revote On Dunn Contract, ISU Passes Over Dunn For Flanagan
The Murray State Board of Regents again voted 7-4 against renewing President Randy Dunn’s contract this morning. The vote came after controversy surrounding a social gathering prior to the March meeting of the board. The Kentucky attorney general later determined the gathering was an illegal business meeting after a Lexington attorney filed an open meetings complaint.
Although he was in the top three candidates for Illinois State University's presidency, ISU announced this morning it will hire Timothy Flanagan, president of Framingham State University. Dunn is still under consideration for the presidency at Youngstown State University in Ohio.