Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri May 10, 2013
MSU Regents Revote On Dunn Contract, ISU Passes Over Dunn For Flanagan
The Murray State Board of Regents again voted 7-4 against renewing President Randy Dunn’s contract this morning. The vote came after controversy surrounding a social gathering prior to the March meeting of the board. The Kentucky attorney general later determined the gathering was an illegal business meeting after a Lexington attorney filed an open meetings complaint.
Although he was in the top three candidates for Illinois State University's presidency, ISU announced this morning it will hire Timothy Flanagan, president of Framingham State University. Dunn is still under consideration for the presidency at Youngstown State University in Ohio.