Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri May 10, 2013
MSU Regents Revote On Dunn Contract, ISU Passes Over Dunn For Flanagan
The Murray State Board of Regents again voted 7-4 against renewing President Randy Dunn’s contract this morning. The vote came after controversy surrounding a social gathering prior to the March meeting of the board. The Kentucky attorney general later determined the gathering was an illegal business meeting after a Lexington attorney filed an open meetings complaint.
Although he was in the top three candidates for Illinois State University's presidency, ISU announced this morning it will hire Timothy Flanagan, president of Framingham State University. Dunn is still under consideration for the presidency at Youngstown State University in Ohio.